If you are in Kenya and own car, you must have car insurance. Car insurance is a policy that offers protection against any financial contingency that occurs owing to any damage, accident, or damage.
As per the Kenyan law cap 405 titled insurance, it is imperative to, at least, have third car party insurance.
In this post we will detail about what is a temporary or One Month Car Insurance, why you should go for 1 month car insurance in kenya, What are the benefits of Temporary 1 month Car Insurance and some Faq’s. But before that, you must know some basic things about car insurance kenya. Lets dive in!
Types of Car Insurance
In Kenya, most of the car insurance companies in kenya, offer three types of car insurance. The provider is a renowned name in the insurance sector and offers services across the globe. Three types of car insurance provided by the company are –
- Third Party Insurance.
- Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance.
Generally, most of the car owners go for Third-Party Insurance because of the variation in the costs. However, it is a common recommendation to choose from any of the other two insurance policies to make the most of the coverage.
Here, we will discuss varied types of car insurance in Kenya while guiding you, which is the best-suited car insurance for you. You choose for the coverage policy based on your finances and requirements. Rest assured as we offer custom tailor-made insurance plans according to your needs of insurance coverage.
Let us discuss all three types of car insurance in detail.
Third Party Insurance
As per Kenyan law, if you own a car, it is mandatory to insure your car. However, the choice of car insurance will be entirely your call. Third Party car Insurance will offer the essential advantages that provide protection to your car following an accident. Make sure you opt for this plan only when you are considering minimum car coverage.
You will be benefited by Third Party policy in the below-discussed cases –
- The policy will come handy in managing cash flow.
- It can prove beneficial when you are aware of the fact that your car is not experiencing or will not come across any serious issue in the future.
- It will help you in easy management of cash flow.
- In case you want to make sure your car is street-legal.
Third party insurance will bear all the expenses incurred from an accident that took place because of your mistake, rash driving, and negligent driving.
The policy will look after the liabilities that occurred from the harm made to other person’s vehicle.
All in all, third party insurance is self-explanatory and offer coverage only to the third party involved in the mishap and will not be liable to provide any protection to you.
Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance
Above we saw that Third Part Insurance only offer protection to the third party involved, whereas Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance offers various other additional benefits as well.
The main highlight of this policy is that it provides one of the most effective coverage for your car. This plan proves beneficial owing to the following reasons –
- As per this plan, you are offered coverage for particular risks that your car may come across. The related terms and conditions and advantages are quite easy to comprehend.
- Besides offering third-party benefits, it also covers the expenses incurred owing to loss or damage to your car from theft and accidental fire.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
There is a paradigm shift witnessed in car sales in Kenya. And people have become more cautious about getting their car insured. More car owners are opting for comprehensive car insurance ; this is the reason comprehensive car insurance has become one of the adopted types of car insurance in Kenya.
As we have seen,s the above two types are offering insurance cover for third party, fire, and theft only, comprehensive car insurance will provide holistic protection for your car. When you opt for comprehensive car insurance, the following things will be covered –
- Emergency medical billing costs.
- Costs arise from loss or damage to the car or its parts.
- Third-party expenses.
However, what if you need a temporary or short-term car insurance. Are you wondering whether car insurance companies offer such type of car insurance?
Car insurance companies in Kenya do offer temporary or short-term car insurance. If you are looking for one month car insurance, then let us get to know more about this car insurance.
What is one month car insurance ?
Temporary or short-term car insurance is an alternative to the 12 months policy. As the name is self-explanatory, the period for this type of insurance is less than 28 days.
1-month car insurance is ideal when you require temporary cover for a few weeks.
This can be termed as a short term solution where you may have to borrow a car but are not covered by the existing insurance policies.
One month car insurance is cost effective than buying a new policy or making changes to an existing one. Irrespective of the reason, if you are borrowing a car from your loved one or your friend, as per the law, you need to have insurance.
One month insurance is the cheapest way to get the cover you desire.
What’s Covered Under Temporary Car Insurance?
Depending on the kind of temporary insurance you decide to purchase, you will have different coverage options. Basically, inquire about the following basic car insurance coverages, to best understand the policy before you buy it.
- Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision coverage
- Loss of Use
Who Might Need A Temporary Car Insurance?
- People visiting a country on vacation for a short-term and buying a temporary car for the purpose of their visit.
- People using a ride-sharing service, who need insurance for when they are driving, but do not actually own the car.
- People who will rent a car that they do not own
- People borrowing a car from a friend or family member
- People using ride-sharing, or if they do not own the car but will be driving frequently.People who are buying a car for a short period and then plan to resell it.
What You Need to Know Before Buying Temporary Car Insurance in Kenya?
People are often confused by the coverage that different car insurance policies provide, and depending on your circumstances you may not need this kind of coverage.
- Before you decide you need to buy a car insurance policy for temporary reasons, contact your last car insurance company , and explain your circumstance to them.
- Find out if you can purchase an insurance policy with a shorter term, for example, a 6-month car insurance policy.
Should You Go for One Month Cover
Even if you find the annual policy is a cheaper option, there is no harm in taking a short term policy. Some insurance companies will make you pay the full premium when you make a claim.
If the total cost of the cover for a year is KSh 2,000, you will have to pay the amount despite canceling it after a month on making a claim. So, it is imperative you have gone through the policy for this while comparing quotes.
Affordable one-month car insurance in Kenya also avoids taking out an annual policy when you don’t need it for that long. Getting 1-month car insurance is quick and efficient as you can receive a quote and book it online, with cover starting from 15 minutes later.
What are the Benefits of 1-Month Car Insurance?
Let us discuss the benefits you get to enjoy if you go for one month car insurance –
- You get to arrange this cover swiftly; moreover, you also get to print off the document without wasting your precious time.
- One month insurance cover can prove beneficial if you are going on a vacation and looking to borrow a car.
- You can opt for one month car insurance cover for family members. It can come handy when your kid comes home from University for the vacations and want to use your car.
- You can also use this insurance coverage when your car has gone in for a service or to have repair work done.
When it comes to one month car insurance, the following table displays the benefits and the limits of liability –
- Third party property damage – KSh 20,000,000
- Third Party bodily injury/death any one person – KSh 3,000,000
- Third Party bodily injury/death any one event – Unlimited
- Passenger Legal Liability per person – KSh 3,000,000
- Passenger Legal Liability per year – KSh 20,000,000
Who Needs It
One month car insurance is common amongst the following customers –
- Frequent Travelers
- Mechanics and Garages
- People looking to sell off their car
- Importers and Exporters
- Motor Vehicle Traders
What is the Insurance Cost
One month car insurance coverage will cost you KSh 2,000. Besides, you don’t have to pay for the delivery as it is completely free, and you will also get same day delivery.
Where You Can Buy 1 Month Car Insurance Policy In Kenya?
Most car insurance companies offer insurance terms of only six or 12 months — but the good news is that you don’t have to pay for the policy in full at inception.
If you need car insurance for just one month, you can purchase insurance for the shortest term offered .
One month car insurance FAQs
- Is there any age limit to get one month car insurance?
Some insurers will only provide you one month car insurance when you are between 21 and 75 years; however, many will cover you.
- Is the excess higher on one month car insurance?
Yes, it can be, especially when you are a young driver. In some cases, some insurance companies will set as much as KSh 1,000 for one month car insurance.
- What is car insurance excess
Car insurance excess can be defined as the amount you have to pay against any claim made by you.
- Am I allowed driving a car without insurance?
No, as per the law, you need to have a third party car insurance as it is the minimum required insurance for the vehicles in Kenya.
- What happens if I don’t have car insurance?
It is illegal to drive in Kenya without valid insurance. If you are caught driving without insurance, you may be fined up to KSh 100,000.
- What does one month car insurance cover?
Passenger Legal Liability – KSh 3,000,000/- person and KSh 20,000,000/- per event
Third Party Property Damage Limit – KSh 5,000,000/-
Riot, Strike & Civil Commotion
Towing / Recovery Expenses
Now that you have made yourself acquainted with 1 month car insurance Kenya visit Car Insurance Kenya today for in-depth articles and tips on car insurance.
Get an affordable 1 month car insurance in Kenya Today. Click Below